Personally, I have a high need for connection with others. In order to avoid burning out my nearest and dearest, I’ve decided that finding groups that share my values may help diffuse some of that pressure on my supporters. So, I personally want to find:
- A progressive chavurah, shul, temple or synagogue to join, and a Women’s Mosque as well, if there are any lady Imam or leaders around (there was one in Ankara back in 2005…)
- A Quaker (Friends) Monthly Meeting to join and stand silent Peace Vigil with,
- Greek or Balkan or other international folk dance,
- a walk-run marathon group
- a public library-based book or reading club
- A public library based writer’s critique group
- an NVC and also maybe Literacy Volunteering group (and give blood).